Selecting High Potential
To confidently and accurately identify the successful leaders of the future, organizations must have a complete talent picture of the person as a whole – not just a snapshot of his or her job performance today.
At Korn Ferry, we measure potential by looking at the Seven Signposts, those unmistakable markers that identify the most successful leaders. These are:
- Learning agility: an ability and willingness to learn from experience and to apply that learning to new and first-time conditions.
- Formative experiences: the accumulated knowledge that shapes and prepares the individual to be successful in higher-level positions.
- Self-awareness: the ability to identify personal strengths and weaknesses and how they affect others.
- Leadership traits: the behaviors that contribute to being a successful leader.
- Motivation to lead: the drive and desire to be a leader.
- Logic and reasoning: the cognitive abilities necessary to solve complex problems.
- Derailment risk: the risk of failure in higher-level positions.
The Korn Ferry Assessment of Leadership Potential provides organizations with the ability to objectively and accurately identify talent with high leadership potential. This easy-to-use, comprehensive assessment uses research to determine and measure the Seven Signposts of leadership potential.
viaEDGE®, the industry’s most reliable online self-assessment that measures the five factors of Learning Agility, allows you to gauge the overall Learning Agility of both external candidates and internal talent. This assessment is built with rigorous verification scales to control over/under individual ratings, and provides a confidence index for each completed assessment.
Four Dimensions of Leadership and Talent is a comprehensive framework, anchored by research that provides a complete picture of the individual qualities that drive performance engagement, and forms the basis for all our solutions.